I am doing an extra post today to do this tag. I’ll do my usual daily recap tonight:)
I have been tagged by Abbey of Three Cats and a Girl for the This is My Truth Now tag that Jay created. I have loved getting to know Abbey and Jay through their blogs. Abbey inspires me with her reading habit. She is so good about challenging herself through her reading and learning new tasks such as knitting. Jay keeps me entertained with his dog Ryder’s posts and gets me to think about words in new ways through his 365 Challenge. I am in awe of his recent holiday- beautiful pictures!
You should definitely check out both of their blogs!
Here are my answers to the questions:
1. You’re on your way to a birthday dinner that your friends have thrown for you. When you arrive, your favourite author is having dinner by himself or herself and asks you to sit with them, before you even see your friends or they see you. You have two choices: (1) You can sit with the author, but can’t tell your friends that you’ve abandoned them for three hours, or (2) Meet your friends and lose the only chance you’ll ever have to talk with the author. Pick one or the other- no exceptions or communication to your friends to tell them about the author – and explain why:
I would like to sit with the author as my friends know me well enough to know I am book crazy and when you’ve been friends for as long as we have, they have to forgive you. I think in real life though, I’m way too shy to talk to someone I don’t know:(
2. You’ve got an opportunity to spend a few hours alone “in your bedroom” with a character from any book you’ve previously read. The character tells you that (s)he would like to lock the door and spend some alone time with you. What book and character is it, and do you decide to enter the room and lock the door, or tell them you’re not interested?
Hmmm I read a lot of trashy romances so there’s plenty of characters to choose from, but it would depend whether this was going to be a one night stand and how well I knew the guy!
3. If you could turn any male character from one of your favourite books into a female character (or change a female into a male) in the book or book series, which one and why?
I would change “Joe” from You by Carolyn Kepnes into a female as maybe then he wouldn’t spend all his time stalking and killing women!
4. What blogger currently on your follower’s list (meaning they follow you too) do you admire the most and why?
I admire Chelsea at Thedancingrunner as I’m always inspired by her. She seems to be living life to the fullest and she ran a 100km and still ran later that week! I just can’t imagine being able to do that, but it definitely inspires me to get out there!
5. If you could any one decision your favourite book character made, what would it be and why?
I can’t say I really have a favourite book character- there’s just too many good ones, but I would definitely have Anne Elliot of Persuasion marry Frederick Wentworth the first time he asked!!!
6. If you could pick one character from a book and one character from a TV show you watch (that is not based on a book) to be in a relationship together, who would you choose and why?
Sorry I don’t have cable and I don’t watch any online TV so I really can’t answer this.
7. It’s your last day on Earth. As you are about to cross that final finish line, a mysterious shadow appears, giving you a choice: (1) You can move forward to whatever comes next for you (based on your own spiritual and religious beliefs), or (2) you can become a character in a book series and exist permanently doing whatever that author chooses to do with you in the book. Which do you choose, and if its option 2, reveal the book and author.
I’ll take the moving forward because one bad book review and who knows what the author would Have me doing😳.
8. If you could steal a pet from someone in any book you’ve read but had to replace it with a friend’s pet (meaning they wouldn’t ever see their pet again), would you do it? If so, explain the who and why.
No I wouldn’t do it. First, pet selection is individual so a friend’s pet suits that friend, not someone else. Plus I think pets have feelings and that would be cruel for the pet too!
9. If you could turn someone from your real life into a character from a book, who from your life, who in the book and why?
I would turn my friend Lyndsay into Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games as she is tough emotionally and physically!
10. Post a picture of the cover of a book you read in 2000 and the book you are currently reading now. (Note: if you weren’t alive in 2000, pick the first book you ever read and tell everyone what year it was from).
I was in university and changing my life in 2000.
This is the book club. I’ll I am slowly getting through now.
11. Your favourite character(under18) needs a place to stay for three months and asks if (s)he could stay in your spare room (yes, you have one for the sake of this question). Who is it and what is the reason (s)he needs to stay with you?
It would be Matilda from the book by Ronald Dahl and she would be going to university.
12. What is one superpower/magic skill that a favourite haracter of yours has that you wish you had as well? What character, what power/skill and why? (You can change this question when added to your blog, but please let me know your answer to this question in the comments below).
It would be the magic ability of Hermione in Harry Potter. She is so good with that wand!
Dare: If you choose not to accept the tag, you have to follow through in whatever dare the person who tags you chooses.
Read a book that is wildly popular right now, but that you really don’t want to read!
Anyone who follows me and wants to try this challenge! I don’t really want to impose on anyone, but would love to see what other people say:). it’s quite the challenge!
- Create your own new post and call it “Tag: Thu is my Truth Now” and be sure to include in your tags the words (without quotes) “ThisIsMyTruthNow Tag”
- Include these rules when you copy/paste your own post
- Be sure to thank the person that tagged you and include heir responses at the bottom of your post, so someone can get to know them too. Tell everyone something interesting about the Person who tagged you.
- Include a link to my (Jay’s) original post mentioning this blog so we can see how many people choose to play along.
- Choose twelve bloggers to tag and include a link to their latest post, so others can check them out and meet new people.
- Answer all 12 questions in The Challenge Wuestions section, but replace the 12th question with your own new one around telling the truth or revealing something interesting about yourself- you can leave the existing if you can’t think of something or complete the dare at the end.
- Be sure to copy/paste the truth or dare section at the end of this post. It’s important to the challenge- so you better read it carefully!
- If you haven’t been tagged, but you want to play along, you can totally jump on in and post responses to the tag on your blog.