Well I am very thankful to be part of this group as it got me to get off my butt and get a backing and hanger on my latest finish.
I had bought a couple of Mill Hill kits to try out but didn’t realize this one was totally done in beads. That didn’t last long! I didn’t like what it looked like all in beads so I pulled some threads I thought would work and cross stitched the design and then just added a few beads. I really do like having a few beads as it seems to make them a little more special.
For having been off for a week sick I sure don’t seem to have gotten much stitching done. I guess the extra sleeping really has cut into my crafting time.
I just started my next Mill Hill kit last night so hopefully I will have a finish to show you by next update!
Make sure to check out the other stitchers!
Avis, Claire, Gun, Christina, Kathy, Margaret,
Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Megan, Deborah, Sharon, Daisy,
6 thoughts on “SAL Update”
I haven’t made an all beads kit before but I like your idea of adding a few beads here and there. i hope you’re feeling much better now 🙂
I just ordered 4 of the all beads kits. I really like how you altered this. It is so very pretty.
all beads on perforated paper would have been quite difficult to work with, I’m guessing. Great idea to swap for thread!
You’re getting a good jump on Christmas with this. I haven’t tried on of these kits but I like what you have done with it
I think this is much nicer than the original! Like you I prefer the beads as an extra, if it’s all bead it looks more cheap in my opinion.